Harper House at Walker Farms
7601 Jackson 64 Newport, Arkansas 72112
(870) 217-9373

Frequently Asked Questions

What dates are available for my wedding?

Please click HERE to see our list of available dates

What is the building capacity?

Harper House can seat up to 100 people comfortably inside our gathering hall. For larger weddings tents can be rented and set up in a variety of areas on the farm. Outdoor seating is unlimited.

We plan to have our ceremony off site, or only plan to have our ceremony at Harper House. Does the fee change?

No, the full rate will apply.

Will there be another wedding or event the same day?

No, you will have exclusive use of the entire property for the day.

Are there overnight accommodations nearby?

Yes, a variety of hotels are available close by in Newport, Batesville or Jonesboro.

How many cars can you accommodate?

Around 100 cars in the grassy areas to the north of the main house.

Do you allow dogs or pets onsite to play a part in our wedding day?

We allow dogs and only the couples dogs. The name and breed of the dog must be listed on the contract. They must be kept on a leash at all times outside for their own protection and in a kennel inside the hall. No other dogs or animals are allowed on the property at any time.

Cost and Payment Questions:

What is the rental fee and what does it include?

Please click HERE to see pricing, what services and amenities are included.

Do I need to schedule a tour or can I just stop by?

All tours are by appointment only.

Is there a deposit?

A non-refundable down payment of $2,500 is required at the time of booking and signing the contract. The remaining balance can be paid in equal non-refundable payments scheduled at intervals to be fully paid prior to the event.

How do I reserve a date?

A non-refundable down payment of $2,500 of the package cost is required at the time of booking and signing of the contract to reserve the date.

What is the average budget of a couple getting married at Harper House?

Starting budgets vary, our all inclusive packages start at $6,500. Most couples should expect to spend around $8,500, depending on a variety of options.

What form of payment does Harper House accept?

Checks are preferred. Venmo and Paypal are also accepted with an additional fee, as well as payment through Honeybook.

Are we required to purchase wedding liability insurance?

Yes, we do require a $1,000,000 event insurance policy with Jeremy and Lesley Walker and Harper House at Walker Farms both listed as the additional insured.

Catering and Food Questions:

Is there a food, beverage or guest count minimum?


Do we have to utilize your caterers?

We are a complete wedding venue, we provide all catering using our preferred vendors.

What are our catering options at Harper House?

Harper House utilizes its preferred vendors to provide all your catering needs.

How much should we expect to spend on catering?

Expect to pay a minumum of $14 per person as an add-on for weddings over 100 guests.

Does Harper House handle the catering orders or do I work with the caterer directly?

Harper House will handle all catering. We will provide a variety of options to suit your needs.

Alcohol Questions:

Can we bring our own alcohol?

Alcohol is not included in any of our packages. You may purchase you own or we can handle that for an additional fee. All alcohol must be served by our licensed and insured bartenders with service ending no later than 10:30. Bartenders and security are required during all events where alcohol is served.

Tables, Chairs and Linen Questions:

What type of tables do you offer?

We have 10 8’ farm tables as well as 10 6’ round farm tables.

Do you provide table linens, cups, silverware, etc?

Yes. They are included in our all-inclusive packages.

Do you include a wedding day coordinator?

A wedding coordinator to manage the timeline of events and vendors is provided in your package.

Planning Questions:

How will the tables, chairs, etc. Be arranged for my event?

We will have the tables already set up at the designated reception site as they are very heavy and hard to move. The ceremony chairs will be placed at the ceremony site by our staff and moved to the reception site once the ceremony is over. Setup is done according to a plan developed between the coordinator and the client.

Can vehicles be left overnight?


What time does the music need to end?

11 pm

Are candles allowed?

Yes, they should be in a vase or jar with the flame below the top edge of the container.

Is it possible to seat more than 8 to a table?

Yes, depending on setup, it is possible to seat 10 at the farm tables and 9 at the round tables.

How far in advance do you need our final headcount?

No later than 45 days prior to the event date. Keep us updated of any changes in count of number.

Setup and Day of Event Questions:

Are outside snacks and trays permitted?


Can we take photos around the farm on our wedding day?

Yes, but only in the designated mowed areas around the venue.

Can we nail decorations to the walls or hang things like streamers or lanterns or move things around?

No need to worry, Harper House staff will be taking care of all decor. No fake flowers petals permitted. No confetti or balloons of any kind.

Can we use sparklers for our send off?

Yes, if there is not a Jackson County burn ban in effect and they must be used by adults only. Fireworks are not permitted as Harper House is located on a working farm and crop fire is a real danger.

contact us